The ORD-GROUP, being a small group that worked together closely
during several years, inevitably developed its own vocabulary.
Below you will find a list of words and abbreviations with their
ORD-GROUP meaning; it also includes a number of CP/M technical terms.
- CP/M component that implements the file system and other services.
- CP/M component that implements the hardware interface
- CP/M component that processes user commands.
- cold boot
- Restarting CP/M from scratch, typically caused by pressing a RESET button.
- Operating system for the 8080/Z80 microprocessor developed by Digital Research.
- Parameter block describing logical disk layout for the BDOS
- See BDOS
- interface byte
- Identification byte for the current system
- link layout
- Virtual to physical address mapping of the ORDINATOR.
- live performance
- Continuing to work on your project on an open house day.
- Starting a TS session by typing a disk name at the login: prompt
- nailed to the wall
- Publishing a specification by literally "nailing it to the wall".
- super user status
- Software state allowing privileged operations; acquired by entering the correct password using the SU program.
- Memory area where CP/M programs are run
- Timesharing operating system for the ORDINATOR.
- warm boot
- Restarting CP/M when it is already running, typically caused by a program being terminated.